- Android apps
- Filehandling, compression, encrypting, burning, mounting, backup, windows tweaks
- Internet, network tools, remote control
- Molecule visualization and simulation
- Office, Project management, mind mapping
- Pictures, data retrieval, webcam
- Scientific plotting and fitting (including matlab and co), Data Managing
- Poster, 2d and 3d drawings and CAD
- Thesis writing, Typesetting, Latex tricks, Reference Managing
- Special tools
This webpage contains recommendations for scientific software based upon many years of professional usage. Please see below further comments The direct links were correct and checked at the time of introducing them into this document but not checked very frequently since. I do not take any responsibility for contents or links away from this domain. Common sense and care is always recommended! At the time of introduction nearly all software were free for governmental. I tried marked exceptions. Since i do not track changes over time, please confirm the legality for your application.
This list is focused on Windows applications, but most of the software is open source the producers usually provide versions for other operating systems too.
I would appreciate recommendations and comment for other useful software to share on these pages. Please note that I use the fully anonym google analytics service to track what pages are used.
Have fun Jens
To leave a comment use this google form